Sunday, February 28, 2010

Repurposed Buildings and Other Sunday Night Thoughts


It is sunday night and we are sitting next to our fireplace watching oak logs burn as we talk about our week. We have much to do this week. Next weekend is Kane County but we are also feeling the pressure to work on the show house projects for the set up next week. So we might have to make a choice about whether we have the time to do Kane next weekend.

This week I am working on the storage cabinet, bed platform, crown above the bed all for the show house  in my shop. CJ is busy in her studio getting the many fabric projects for the showroom ready. As all of this comes together we will post pictures this week.

We are also sitting here remembering our very fine weekend spent up in northern michigan. One of the stops we made last weekend was in Frankfort , Michigan at a place called Monumental Finds. They are closed for the winter but I couldn't resist taking some pictures of this place because of the outstanding display outside the main build of repurposed building materials. We find that the owner of this business has taken repuposing to a scale larger than we are used to seeing with some really interesting results.
All the building creations (made of old building parts and pieces) are for sale and the owner will gladly help with delivery. Enjoy the pictures.

4 comments:

Anita said...

That sounds super cool. I have been toying with the idea of how to get the city to let me have ne of those in my backyard, since we live in a historic eighborhood. Kyle from Illinois makes them too and he will come to my house and do it...with MY stuff...

On another note- I HOPE you come to Kane, cause I am loving seeing what all you are doing- but if you DON'T- PLEASE email me because Judy and I are looking for a double booth and they don't have one- so we will PAY you for the rent and that way you won't lose it....cause who has money to throw away! You can call me too- 319-929-6695

Anita

Sandy and Joe/rhubarb reign said...

Hi guys! Thanks for your recent comments on the blog. Glad you liked the flowers; know you like yo-yos. We are so bummed that you won't be coming to Kane, but understand. Sometimes, you just have to choose. I'm sending you an e-mail, too, so be sure to look for that. Can't wait to see the photos of all your stuff for the show house. Love your '70s photo! Now we need to see one of Dan. Ha. xo

Anita said...

I already did and they said it was fine. I Can't find your email address....

True North Interior Design & Antiques said...

thanks so much Anita!
my email
cjvandaff@comcast.net
post photos - I always love to see :>
CJ