Sunday, February 7, 2010

Repurposing

Much as been written about repurposing. In fact, we have spent some time talking about this subject in an earlier blogs. However this winter I have had a fair bit of time in my shop and I have taken repurposing to new levels. Over the years I have gathered many old house parts and pieces into my shop along with damaged pieces of furniture, chest of drawers missing drawers, cabinets missing doors, beds missing rails or foot boards, trim pieces of all sizes and shapes,etc. So I have begun to apply my creative side to making furniture and other vintage appearing items out of my many parts and pieces. Beside, the passage ways in my shop are getting narrower and narrower so it is time to make some room.

Beds are becoming benches and doors are becoming benches and hall trees. The other day I spotted a drawer storage cabinets in one of my magazine and so I turned a drawerless dresser into the drawer cabinet. I am constantly looking thru magazines, catalogs, and books these days and I have to say I have never had so much. fun. Doing what you love and nurtures you is a sure way to find your bliss at least that is what I am finding out this winter in my shop with the wood stoves burning brightly to keep my warm.

Attached are a couple my my lastest creations. A crafters cabinet with lots of drawers and a door turned hall tree.

3 comments:

Anita said...

The crafters chest is AWESOME! I have been repurposing smaller items- paper stuff- and I have to say, besides clearingo ut my stuffed storage drawers, it has filled up my pocketbook...work with what you;ve got- it's a proven saying and the profit margin is FAB! Looking forward to seeing you at Kane again!!!!

True North Interior Design & Antiques said...

Always enjoy your comments! We look forward to seeing you at Kane as well!!!

ann at greenoak said...

i like seeing all your big projects....very inspiring....
also enjoyed the bottles and the neat dressform...