Thursday, March 4, 2010

Work In Progress

I get very excited as all of the pieces start coming together for a project. So here are a few photos of some of the pieces for the Grand Rapids Symphony Designer Showhouse that I am working on.
I have keep a photo in my idea file of a pillow similar to this.  The great stripe fabric banding is vintage French ticking, the red print is a cotton that I dyed with coffee to give it a softer patina, the edging is a wonderful old crisp linen , filled with down.
I have always loved this cotton/linen sunflower damask fabric from Brunschwig and Fils and I have been saving this dramatic vintage hand crocheted edging, I guess just for this project! It is also filled with down and buttoned with vintage pear buttons.
This fantastic French Louis XVI twin bed was given to us by a dear friend and world traveler. I will be using it against the wall like a day bed, filled with the above pillows.
A sneak peak at some of the custom bedding, more of that vintage French ticking!
I love these old suitcases!
So just a tease  (smile) more later - wait till you see what Dan's made!

2 comments:

Anita said...

oh my! That bed looks awesome! I can't wait to see more...Kane was really good- we had several people ask where you were- looking froward to next month, neighbors-

savvycityfarmer said...

stumbled upon you ... I think we have a connection from the far past ... The Frey Co.
stop on over, we'll chat ...