Saturday, September 10, 2011

Creations for Country Living, Flea Market Style, Annie Sloan's chalk paint

We have been working on many creations for Country Living. I just finished making numerous wire picture holder's out of old door knobs and cast iron shoe lasts.

                                                                     I also finished three of these very colorful pharmacy cabinets. I am very pleased with how they have turned out. I was inspired by a vintage cabinet someone had showed me that had been painted in a similar style. The base coat of paint was black, I than applied bright machinery implement colors which were wiped off with rags soaked in paint thinner to expose the black. It was a very fun process.
I am also finishing some really great chalk boards made out of some great architectural trims and fragments.

With our lives being so consumed with so much creative activity you might wonder if we have time for anything else. Well, it just so happens that we do need to read a little at night in bed together before we can relax our brains and go to sleep. One of the magazines we have picked out the last couple of weeks that we have enjoyed is Flea Market Style.

It is full of lots of great ideas and projects. We found a few ideas we really liked and have added a few projects to our list of future projects.

We also picked up a new book called Creating The French Look by Annie Sloan. In the book she introduces us to a new paint product called chalk paint along with some really great projects. If  you read many of the blogs we are related to, you realize that there is a bit of buzz about chalk paint these days. It reminds me of milk paint which I have been playing around with lately. I will have to give this a try in the near future.

Well, time for bed. It is just a few days now before we pack. So the excitement builds!!

No comments: