Sunday, July 19, 2009

Victorian Wicker

As antique dealers we don't often get the opportunity to see where our product goes to live once it is adopted by a new owner, but today we had that opportunity! The antique Victorian wicker chairs that Dan & I worked to redo went to the most beautiful Carpenter Gothic home in Heritage Hill. This has been my favorite house in Heritage Hill since I first lived there in college in the 80's. We both are so proud to have them adorn their porch so appropriately.
We rescued these chairs from an old garden shed and Dan cleaned and repainted them and I reupholstered the cushions. I was so pleased to be in the antique mall at the time this couple was in there shopping and found our chairs. Dan & I put one in each of our cars and delivered them later in the afternoon. What a great way to end our day.

We do have a few more pieces of Victorian wicker if anyone is interested. We love the old heavy wicker, it has so much style, comfort and character. Makes you want to linger on the porch with a cool drink and watch the world go by.

No comments: