Sunday, January 20, 2008

IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILS PART ONE




I have one of the best jobs in the world. I love what I do. I get to work creativly with fabrics, color, light, form, heirlooms and lots of other creative people. Here are a couple of examples. It is usually anticlimatic for me to install a job becuase it looks exaclty like what I expected, becuase I have been living with it in my head. But this one has been a surprise in a couple of ways. Number one the light here in Arizona is unbeleivealble, it is so clear and bright, everything just comes to life, and number two, this is my first time here. I worked from floor plans, dimentions and photographs. I have a good spacial scense, so it is what I imangined it to be - only better. I need to feel a space as well. Now that I am here I have a better feel for artwork and accessories after haveing experienced that spaces. For instance the Dining Room needs a special piece of art work that extends the space. There are no windows in that space, so something that gives the illusion of space, a very large painting or a painting of a "view", a landscape possibly rather than a still life.
So I love the details and the feeling.

No comments: