Friday, June 18, 2010

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

In May for Mothers Day I wrote about my great Mom and mentioned some about my Dad too. I cannot talk about one without the other. My Dad & I have always had a really special relationship & I would say that about my Mom too. Dad has always had a creative streak that is tightly tied to logic - he's an engineer, carpenter, woodsman, beekeeper,wine maker, fly fisherman, gentle loving soul. The photo of the two of us was take at my going away party a couple of days before I move to Grand Rapids to start art school. I was excited and nervous, I will never forget Dad saying that if it didn't work out I could always come home. It was the safety net  that I needed to go forward with my life. My parents taught me that I could do anything that I wanted as long as I was willing to work for it, and boy did I. What a wonderful ride this career has been for me. So thanks Dan( & Mom) for always being there for me, encouraging me and loving me.
HAPPY FATHERS DAY!  I LOVE YOU

No comments: