Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Nothing To Do With Anything Else Other Than Me......

I met with the director of continuing studies from Kendall College of Art and Design yesterday to talk about summer classes. I am fortunate to teach in their program, youth, young adults and adult classes. It was an amazing creative brainstorming meeting along with great coffee. It's also winter and not summer, but in the winter I seem to burrow in and create, so the timing is wonderful for me. We talked about that inspires us right now.
This is what is inspiring me right now.
There is a new magazine that I am crazy about that is published in Grand Rapids, called CraftSanity. A magazine for those who love all things handmade. Handmade storied, Q & A interviews, knitting, crochet, embroidery and sewing patterns (yes in the mag!), recipes, reviews and MORE! I am so inspired by this magazine and can't seem to get it very far away from me. I want to make everything in it!
to take a look!


I also am into my knitting again. My folks gave me this realy awesome Vogue knitting calendar that has a different stitch sequence pattern for every day. Here are a couple that have taken my eye. Not the "how to" is on the back. Let me know if you want me to scan the directions to you!
So we came up with an exciting line up of classes for this summer and the catalog will be out in the next month.
for more info.
Tonight I start teaching The Fundamentals of Interior Design - and adult class. I can't wait to meet all of my new students!
Next week here at the house I am starting to teach watercolor painting. Monday mornings from 9:30-12:00, 5 classes for $100.00
And Knitting Monday evenings from 7:00-9:00  5 classes $60.00

So tell me what inspires you right now?

2 comments:

Sandy and Joe/rhubarb reign said...

Hey guys -- Thanks for the nice comment on our article post; sorry it's taken me so long to say so! Looks like you've been having fun -- love all the stuff in your last couple of posts!! xo

Nutmegger Workshop said...

Love your blog. Looking to spread the work about my vintage sign art reproductions. All high-end, no camp signs here. Take a look!

Thanks, Peter

http://www.nutmeggerworkshop.com/