Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Girls Gotta Right To Brag!

I've been a little behind on blogging lately, so now I am catching you up on a few of my "favorite things", just like Oprah! Dan made this amazing cubby cabinet for me for my birthday for use in my studio. It couldn't be more perfect for me for all my treasured "stuff" that I need close at hand. When it comes to organising I think there are two different kinds of people. Some people need it out of sight - no clutter at all, that is not me. I am the type that needs it to all have a place but be within sight to stir my creativity. I adore the color, the overall size that fits on my work table and the size of the cubbies.
The next little cabinet shown above on my desk made it's appearance last weekend at the DeVos Place show. I went crazy over it! Dan is forever off loading amazing cool things when we do a show and I of course want them all (just like you!). OK so this is a business and if we took it all home we would not be making a living so I just kept my eagle eye on it all weekend when it did not sell it of course was on it's way to one of the malls because the right person just did not come through the show to scoop it up. However it showed up inside our front door, to my great delight! Now my desk is way more organised and a better place to work with another one of Dan's creations.
This wonderful pile of vintage French ticking scraps arrived in the mail this week, also to my surprise. Dan had found it online and knew that I would be crazy about it and I was! You know me and ticking, and scraps and red! I think I may have to haord it for a while.................

3 comments:

Gracie's Cottage said...

Those cubby cabinets are amazing...he's a keeper!


Jan

Anonymous said...

You really have a one of a kind man by your side!! His love for you and talent shown through!! Take care, Diane

Anita said...

lucky, lucky you! I sure miss you guys :)