Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Petoskey Antiques @ the Fairgrounds Show this Weekend Aug. 7 & 8

Dan & I are busy getting ready for the 2nd Petoskey Antique Show of the summer @ the Emmet County Fairgrounds. The show is this weekend Aug. 7 & 8.
Dan grew up in Minnesota where PIE is king. Pie was an important part of his family gatherings and traditions. There is nothing more American than apple pie, right? So now it is an important part of: "our" tradition too. We had pie at our wedding reception, we made pie for Eric's birthday, we have several favorite movies with great pie scenes. Sweetland which was filmed not far from where Dan grew up - a beautiful moving movie of a mail order bride early in the 20th century. Michael staring John Travolta as the angel Michael - my all time favorite movie. Michael only has so much time here on earth left and has a list of things he wants to see and experience before he has to leave and of course he has a job to do too! So you can imagine my delight when Dan came home with his new creation, the PIE sign! and like always he asks me how much should I sell this for? My reply of course was $385.00. Well as it turns out you can buy this from him this weekend in Petoskey for less than that. There may be more.............
I have been tucked in my studio covering old cushions for this fab rattan furniture in ticking. What is it about ticking, I just love it and everything goes with it.
I've also been dreaming of what could become of this wonderful stash of fabric - so stay tuned for more!
We sure hope to see you this weekend in Petoskey!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Anxious to see what you make of the fabric stash! I have been working on paring mine down a little too....pillows, curtains, vanity skirts....