Friday, May 7, 2010

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

I am so blessed to have the greatest Mom ever!
This is her high school graduation picture - I just love it!
I cannot give tribute to my Mom without also giving tribute to my Dad. Both of my parents have always been loving, supportive and creative. My Mom has always been a beautiful seamstress and taught me the skill and love of fabric. She also is very creative and crafty. She owned a darling store in Boyne City (Michigan) called the "Apple Bee Coterie", all hand made items on consignment. The store was in a little old turn of the century house - so charming! While I was in collage I would scoot home whenever possible to hang out in the store and experience all of the wonderful items that she and her partner made as well as the other consignors. Pretty soon I was adding hand made items to the store as well. Sweet pea and sweet annie wreaths are a couple that I remember. So making a living using your creativity and your hands is not a new concept to me. My parents taught me that I could do anything in life that I wanted as long as I was willing to work for it and the definition of success is doing what you want and making a living at it.
Thanks Mom ( & Dad) I love you very much!

No comments: