Tuesday, November 18, 2008

SLIPCOVERS


Most of you know about my passion for textiles, fabrics, quilts, needlepoint's, tapestries, weaving, knitting, crocheting, macrame. Old fabrics as well as new. Floral prints, geometric prints, checks, plaids, stripes, toiles, chenille's, mate lases, linen, cotton, wool and silk. I love it all! But lately I have really missed fabricating with these elements myself. I am so inspired by creative Internet sites from Country Home and Country Living magazines and from a shop in New York named Purl Soho.
In the past I have made several slipcovers. One actually became rather famous! My skitzo chair (so named for it's use of 4 different fabrics) seen here with Hattie Mae sitting in it. This chair has been seen in Better Homes and Gardens magazine Jan 1996 ( oh my gosh is it that old!), Better Homes and Gardens New Decorating book and Better Homes and Gardens Flea Market Decorating. I slipcovered this chair with a combination of vintage and new fabrics.
This white wing chair is slipcovered in a white on white quilt purchased from TJ Max. The more it's washed the better it gets.
The ottomans are a combination of leftover fabric scraps that as so practical and washable, you know good for feet!
So the creativity is flowing again through fabric. This feeds my tactile and visual sense.
Call or email for prices on slipcovering something for your home or cottage.





No comments: