Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vintage Bottles, Antique Prints & Sewing


Dan & I seem to be fascinated lately by old bottles and all of their possibilities. Dan keeps coming up with lots of them from auctions.
We turned some of them into picture or note holders with antique ephemera and heavy wire.
I love this female silhouette with her hair bow!
I think I was born into the wrong era....................
I also learned this photo transfer process this week from Martha Stewart - you know me and Martha, were like this    X!  It is a process using iron on inkjet printer paper. I copied antique prints that we purchased at the last Grays Lake Antique show and added the images to old sugar sack and  natural linen for pillows and a set of 4 vintage  cotton picnic napkins with a yellow edge. It was so fun and easy. I love the result!

I also have been doing lots of custom sewing for other people these last few weeks. I love spring when everyone is so anxious to redo things in their homes and add touches of nature and freshness.
We also have been working on a plan for our porch and Dan will be painting the porch furniture soon, so I will have photos to share with you in a couple of weeks of our porch - stay tuned!

No comments: