Thursday, September 3, 2009

Croquet Rack


I worked in the shop today with an old damaged croquet set and a wonder old vintage blue painted six foot baseboard. The base board was about six feet long and it had been something I was saving for a special project just because the old blue paint finish was so outstanding. I cut the blue base board in half and than cut the mallet heads in half at a thirty degree bevel. I than mounted three mallet heads to each section of base and finished off the top and bottom the the piece of base with the mallet handles. The end result is a great looking coat or towel rack. I managed to have enough material to make two. I think both will go and live at Blue Door until we make our trip to Chicago next week. My wife tells me she might have to keep one so we may be down to one.

No comments: