Monday, June 22, 2009

The Back Yard







I ran across this poem recently and identified with it as my gardening style. I love to watch things GROW and hate to tame them by cutting them back. It is a relaxed style that I fear is not being admired by prospective house buyers. I may need to conform more and that pains me....






I have a garden of my own



But so with roses overgrown



And lilies, that you would it guess



To be a little wilderness.



ANDREW MARVELL (1621-1678)






Dan & I are enjoying many dinners and delightfully relaxing moments here. We will enjoy it while we have it.

2 comments:

Joan said...

All your garden plants look like they are doing wonderfully well. Enough rain and great temps, huh?

Sandy and Joe said...

Looks lovely to me! Looking forward to seeing you at Allegan. xo -- Sandy and Joe/rhubarb reign