Friday, October 23, 2009

Transformation Thursday



I LOVE TRANSFORAMTION THURSDAYS!
I have been sewing like a busy bee in my new studio for the HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS DESIGNER SHOWHOUSE IN HOLLAND. We are getting ready to head over there with our trearue trailor the set up our rooms. Here are a few things that I have been sewing. I made these yummy crossed dyed linen pillow case pillow shams for the bed using vintage rick rack and seam binding as well as a couple of pillows using vintage linens and buttons. The Dutch Dancers embroidery is so sweet and a cute nod to the Holland Dutch heritage - place of my birth. My Mom had told numerous stories of the Tulip Time parade and learning to do the Dutch Dance when she was a girl, such fun stories to hear when you are a kid! So this little embroidery piece just tickled me.
I'll publish more photos as our room gets set up. Rain rain go away!

No comments: